St. John Bosco
St John Bosco Parish was founded in 1940 by Fr Luke Farralley, who purchased a house on Charlestown Rd, Blackley, for the celebration of Holy Mass. Afterwards owing to the growth of the parish, Mass was celebrated in the Fourways Cinema until a suitable building was erected on the present site. St John Bosco’s Hall stands to the right of the church. The Hall once served as the parish Church, before our present building was opened in 1960.
Fr Philip Brady became Parish Priest in 2006 and also took responsibilty for Our Lady of Mt Carmel Parish in March 2010. Both Parishes contine to work in partnership under the care and spiritual guidance of Father Brady. The parish forms part of the Salford Roman Catholic Diocese.
Please follow this weblink